Senior lecturer in the Department of Museology, History of Art Faculty, RGGU (staff member)
- ICOFOM Board member (since 2013), general secretary of the ICOFOM Study Series (since 2014).
- Meta-museology (thesis on museological research within ICOFOM)
- Visitors' interpretation (Visitor Studies, Psycholinguistics, Cognitive Science)
- Cybermuseology and museum communication (Digital Humanities, Digital Heritage)
- History of ICOFOM (wikipedia-based project): raising awareness about museology around the world. Writing, editing and translating articles about A.M. Razgon and other prominent museologists.
- Museological research abroad (Bachelor degree program)
- Sociocultural aspects of exhibition activities (Bachelor degree program)
- Non-museum exhibitions: typology and functions (Bachelor degree program)
- Modern trends in foreign museology (Master's program)
Email: leshchenko.a [at] rggu.ru
Publications in English:
- Leshchenko, A. (2010). The principle of the indivisibility of museum collections as part of Museological theory and Russian reality. ICOFOM Study Series, 39, 61-71.
- Altshuler, B., Leshchenko, A., Riccio, R., Sandell, R., Schwarzer, M., Small, N. P., Sorin, G. S., & Stapp, C. B. (2011). How Do Museum Studies Programs Address the Nature of Museums Today? Exhibitionist, 30(1), 82-86.
- Leshchenko, A. (2012). Empowering digital museum audiences to foster museum communication. ICOFOM Study Series, 41, 237-244.
- Leshchenko, A. (2013). A visitor-centered approach: Enhancing Museology with perceptual theory. ICOFOM Study Series, 42, 154-160.
- Leshchenko, A. (2015). Digital Dimensions of the Museum: Defining Cybermuseology's Subject of Study. ICOFOM Study Series, 43a, 237-241.
- Leshchenko, A. (2016). A visitor-centered approach: Enhancing Museology with Perceptual Theory. In A. Davis, & K. Smeds (Eds.), Visiting the Visitor: An Enquiry Into the Visitor Business in Museums (pp. 153-163). Bielefeld, Germany: Transcript-Verlag.
- Leshchenko, A. (2016, December 28). What does the future of museums look like? Aksenov Family Foundation Journal. Retrieved from http://aksenovff.com/en/what-does-the-future-of-museums-look-like/
To see the same page in Russian click here